Friday, February 20, 2015

An Update on Rascal

Rascal
Thank you all for your kind wishes. Rascal is feeling much better after being catheterized and spending the night at the vet. He is on a special diet of canned food, which he is very much enjoying. ( My cats rarely get canned food.) And, I am thrilled to report that he is able to urinate on his own again. I am less than thrilled on were he is choosing to go, the bathroom sink and the bathtub wasn't so bad, but really, on my bed and did he really have to  go on the clothes I was going to wear today! It is a good thing he is so darn cute and that I'm so happy he is feeling better.  We have two sayings in our family, "I love you just because." and "I love you even though."  I love Rascal "just because" he has been with me since he was small enough to fit in the palm of my hand, and he really is a rascal. I love him "even though" he is peeing in places I would rather he didn't, and that he can be a brat.

Cats will sometimes urinate in places you would much rather they did not, as a way to tell you that there is something bothering them. It doesn't do any good to punish them, the best thing to do is figure out what is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment